Active Minds, Inc. – March 2012 to February 2013
I mentored Active Minds chapters as they developed and succeeded in spreading mental health awareness to their college campus. My main contributions went to Susquehanna University’s chapter.
Francisvale Home for Smaller Animals – April 2010 to November 2011
- Created the idea that the shelter should branch out to the two major universities in the area for fundraising and adoption
- Produced a two-sided flyer suitable for passing around the campuses and at events
- Produced a one-sided flyer suitable for posting on bulletin boards around campuses and in nearby stores
- Cleaned cat areas
- Walked dogs around the property for exercise, play and any necessaries
- Reserved time for cat and dog socialization for the betterment of all animals involved
Greater DC Cares – February 2011 – April 2011
I raised $1,225 towards their Servathon event. I was the #2 highest fundraiser.
I volunteered on their day of service by painting murals on the walls of a special needs school.
LeaderShape Institute – Moravian College
- Applied via the Moravian College Leadership Center at end of freshman year
- Went to Illinois for week-long Leadership program
- Used education from experience to establish the Active Minds chapter at Moravian College
Founder and Co-Founder
Active Minds, Inc. – Moravian College and Saint Joseph’s University
- Single-handedly brought Active Minds to Moravian College after acquiring approval from the student government – News Story
- Worked with a university counselor to bring Active Minds to Saint Joseph’s University after an extensive approval process
The Leadership Training Program
- Selected along with only 8 other students to participate in leadership program
- Met with leaders in various fields each week for 6 weeks while in the Washington Center program
- Finished a team leadership project with 3 others as an end-of-program assignment
Gamma Sigma Sigma – Moravian College
Handled all records and communications with the national office
Co-Chair of Special Events
Student Union Board – Saint Joseph’s University
Worked with a fellow board member to arrange, publicize and host large-scale events on campus
Contact me with nonprofit career opportunities!
I’m available to start immediately, so let’s get started today!